January 27, 2013
Glassblowing Scholarship for Everett Teens
The Schack Art Center makes it part of our mission to provide all youth an opportunity to participate in diverse, challenging, and high quality visual art programs that are accessible and affordable. As funding allows, we offer scholarships to those who might not be able to participate due to income level.
A 2012 City of Everett Community Development Block Grant allows the Schack to offer glassblowing instruction for six (6) youth residing in Everett whose family income level qualifies as low to moderate (see chart). The selected students will be enrolled in the 16 hour glassblowing class at no cost to them or their family. This is a unique and wonderful opportunity for City of Everett teenagers.
General Policies & Guidelines:
- Funding covers the ENTIRE cost of tuition and supplies.
- To be eligible for a scholarship, you must meet the Family Income Guidelines (see second page) & live in the City of Everett.
- Age limit for scholarship eligibility: teens, ages 14-18 years (through high school).
- Applicants will be considered based on: 1) financial need; and 2) a short statement (200 words or less) addressing why the applicant wants to take this glass blowing class.
- Participants give permission for the Schack Art Center to use, without limitation or obligation, photographs which may include their image or artwork for purposes of promoting the programs of the Schack Art Center.
- Applications due March 1, 2013.
- Notification of recipients will be March 8, 2013
- Glass Blowing Class Schedule: April 2, 3, 4 & 5, 1:45 - 5:45pm
How to apply:
- Download and complete the application.
- Return the application no later than March 1, 2013 to:
Schack Art Center, Attn: Judy Tuohy, P.O. Box 5038, Everett, WA 98206.
Need assistance with your application?
Contact Judy Tuohy, 425-259-5050, ex. 26 or email: email@example.com