Featured Artist: Joan Pinney
Schack Art Center is thrilled to have the paintings of Joan Pinney in the Schack Shop through October 2014.
About Joan Pinney
The inspiration for Joan's paintings comes from her extensive travels in the Pacific Northwest. The San Juans and the Oregon and Washington Coast provide many themes for her maritime paintings. Dramatic skies, sun washed houses, mountains, quiet harbors and sail boats all contribute to her creativity. Travels to other countries are also a great inspiration, Italy and England are favorites.
Joan's paintings have been jury selected in regional and national shows including the Northwest Watercolor Society's annual show and the Frye Museum's Puget Sound Area Exhibition. In 1999 Joan received the Northwest Watercolor Society's purchase award. Foss Maritime has selected Joan's paintings for six of their calendars. In the 2008 West Coast Paper Exhibition, Joan's painting was chosen for the third place award.
Joan is a signature member of the Northwest Watercolor Society and a founding member of the Sky Valley Artists Guild and the Arts of Snohomish Gallery.
Joan's specialty is watercolors of Northwest and maritime scenes, including lighthouses, sailboats, and seascapes. Joan's artwork is currently being displayed at Arts of Snohomish Gallery in Snohomish, Washington.
Holiday Trunk Shows
The Schack Shop is excited to feature six local artists in three different Holiday Trunk Shows on Thursday afternoons in December.
Thursday, December 4, 12-5pm
- Judy Macauley with fused glass ornaments, plates, and more
- Karen Lyons with hand painted, silk scarves. Karen will also be demonstrating her silk painting techniques!
Thursday, December 11, 12-5pm
- Carie Collver with earrings, necklaces, and bracelets
- Madeline Chadwick with handbags and purses of various sizes
Thursday, December 18, 12-5pm
- Melinda Barnett with earrings, necklaces, and bracelets
- Susie Howell with cashmere scarves, glovelettes, and accessories